Friday, January 19, 2007

A Top Something List for 2006

Goodbye, 2006. No really, it's really time for you to leave now. A couple of days was fine, a week I could even understand, but three? We both need to get back to our lives. And don't call me for awhile either.


-Silver Jews, “O Captain! My Captain!” live at Webster Hall, March; “Sometimes a Pony Gets Depressed” (The opening lines of this song: “Where does an animal sleep when the ground is wet?/Cows in the barnyard, chickens in the farmer’s Corvette/Sometimes a pony, sometimes a pony, sometimes a pony gets depressed.” I finally do think Dave Berman is brilliant).
-The Raconteurs, “My Baby’s on the Level”
-Tanztheater Wuppetal Pina Bausch at BAM, December
-Bob Dylan, Modern Times
-Robert Pollard, I Can’t Believe Gus Still Loves Everything I Do
-Belle and Sebastian, Us Neither
-Stephen Malkmus, vocals on live cuts, bonus disc, reissue of Pavement's Wowee Zowee: “Come on, Jonathan Yardley?????”
-M. Fix, “Song of the Chicken Fair” and “Weighted Air”
-Polar Bear Parade, “Baby Bohemian” and “Might Be Right”
-Bruce Springsteen, “Telling Off Soledad O’Brien”
-Jimmy Carter, “Telling Off Pro-Occupation Hacks”

BTW, I reset the comments thingy so everyone can do it now.

No comments: